This book is a wide-ranging examination of rationalist thought in philosophy from ancient times to the present day.
- Written by a superbly qualified cast of philosophers
- Critically analyses the concept of rationalism
- Focuses principally on the golden age of rationalism in the seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries
- Also covers ancient rationalism, nineteenth-century rationalism, and rationalist themes in recent thought
- Organised chronologically
- Various philosophical methods and viewpoints are represented