The Syntax Workbook was written as a response to the students and instructors who, over the years, have requested more problem sets that give greater experience in analyzing syntactic structure. Aligned chapter-by-chapter with Carnie’s bestselling textbook, this workbook provides over 120 new exercises on all of the major topics in generative syntax.
- An all-new workbook to accompany the bestselling syntax textbook, Syntax: A Generative Introduction, which answers the need for a practical text in this field
- Features over 120 problem sets with answers, designed to give students greater experience of analyzing syntactic structure
- Exercises and topics covered includes phrase structure, the lexicon, Case theory, ellipsis, auxiliaries, movement, covert movement, locality conditions, VP shells, and control
- Supported by online student and instructor resources at www.wiley.com/go/carnie, including extra chapters on HPSG and LFG, and time-saving teaching resources, including problem sets, PowerPoint slides, and an instructors’ manual
- Structured to reflect the style and chapter-by-chapter coverage of the textbook, but its practical, reader-friendly layout also makes it suitable for use as a stand-alone Workbook