This companion addresses a topic of continuing contemporary relevance, both cultural and literary.
- Offers both a wide-ranging exploration of the classical novel of antiquity and a wealth of close literary analysis
- Brings together the most up-to-date international scholarship on the ancient novel, including fresh new academic voices
- Includes focused chapters on individual classical authors, such as Petronius, Xenophon and Apuleius, as well as a wide-ranging thematic analysis
- Addresses perplexing questions concerning authorial expression and readership of the ancient novel form
- Provides an accomplished introduction to a genre with a rising profile
Keywords: Ancient & Classical Literature, Petronius, Xenophon, Apuleius, ancient literature, latin literature, greek literature, classical literature, classical culture, reception of classical literature, ancient Greek novels, ancient Roman novels, Latin fiction