A reference to answer all your statistical confidentiality questions.
This handbook provides technical guidance on statistical disclosure control and on how to approach the problem of balancing the need to provide users with statistical outputs and the need to protect the confidentiality of respondents. Statistical disclosure control is combined with other tools such as administrative, legal and IT in order to define a proper data dissemination strategy based on a risk management approach.
The key concepts of statistical disclosure control are presented, along with the methodology and software that can be used to apply various methods of statistical disclosure control. Numerous examples and guidelines are also featured to illustrate the topics covered.
Statistical Disclosure Control:
- Presents a combination of both theoretical and practical solutions
- Introduces all the key concepts and definitions involved with statistical disclosure control.
- Provides a high level overview of how to approach problems associated with confidentiality.
- Provides a broad-ranging review of the methods available to control disclosure.
- Explains the subtleties of group disclosure control.
- Features examples throughout the book along with case studies demonstrating how particular methods are used.
- Discusses microdata, magnitude and frequency tabular data, and remote access issues.
- Written by experts within leading National Statistical Institutes.
Official statisticians, academics and market researchers who need to be informed and make decisions on disclosure limitation will benefit from this book.
Keywords: Survey Research Methods & Sampling, statistical disclosure control, statistical outputs, using software in statistical disclosure control, handbook to statistical disclosure control, guide to statistical closure control
- Hundepool, Anco
- Domingo-Ferrer, Josep
- Franconi, Luisa
- Giessing, Sarah
- Nordholt, Eric Schulte
- Spicer, Keith
- Wolf, Peter-Paul de
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Survey Methodology
- Page amount
- 320 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN