Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Techniques for Veterinary Technicians provides a comprehensive reference of laboratory procedures featuring ‘how-to’ information as it pertains to small animals, horses, and cattle. Chapter topics include coverage of hematology, hemostasis, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, parasitology, and fecal testing. In depth protocols for each topic are emphasized and include discussion of sample preparation, necessary supplies and equipment, and the type of sample needed.
High-quality color images are clearly labelled with magnification and stain information and allow the reader to become comfortable with cellular morphology and identification of inclusions and microorganisms. Chapters feature a bulleted format, allowing quick access and easy understanding. Key objectives, case examples, and technician tip boxes, along with a companion website offering the images from the book for download, instructor questions and answer key to multiple choice questions in the book make this a valuable resource for veterinary technician students and veterinary technicians in practice.
• An inclusive reference on laboratory procedures pertaining to small animals, horses and cattle
• Provides information on hematology, hemostasis, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, parasitology, and fecal testing
• Features high-quality photographs labelled with magnification and stain information, which clearly depict cellular morphology, inclusions and infectious organisms
• Offers key objectives, technician tip boxes, case examples and a glossary of key terms
• A companion website provides companion website offering the images from the book for download, instructor questions and answer key to multiple choice questions in the book
Veterinary, veterinary technician, clinical pathology, clinical laboratory, laboratory, lab techniques, laboratory procedures, small animal, dog, cat, large animal, horse, cow, cattle, goat, sheep, hematology, blood, blood count, blood slides, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, parasitology, parasites, fecal testing, cells, cellular morphology, diseases, infectious diseases, sample handling, sample preparation, sample testing, laboratory equipment, supplies, maintenance, safety, basophil, complete blood count, eosinophil, erythrocyte, hemoglobin, hematocrit, leukocyte, lymphocyte, monocyte, neutrophil, platelet, hemostasis, coagulation, fibrinolysis, analyte, electrolyte, enzyme, hemolytic index, icteric index, lipemic index, kidney, liver, plasma, protein, renal, serum, anuria, crystalluria, cystocentesis, glucosuria, hyposthenuria, isosthenuria, oliguria, polyuria, specific gravity, urinary casts, urine sediment, protozoa, round worm, vector, tape worm, hook worm, whip worm, fecal flotation, passive flotation, centrifugal fecal flotation, sheather’s solution, baermann test, analytical error, bias, control limits, control material, imprecision, pre-analytical error, post-analytical error, quality assurance, quality control