Echocardiography in Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease addresses the needs of trainees and practitioners in this field, filling a void caused by the lack of material in this fast-growing area. This new title comprehensively covers the echocardiographic assessment of congenital heart disease, from the fetus to the adult, plus acquired heart disease in children.
Topics covered include:
- ultrasound physics
- laboratory set-up
- a protocol for a standard pediatric echocardiogram
- quantitative methods of echocardiographic evaluation, including assessment of diastolic function
- in depth coverage of congenital cardiovascular malformations
- acquired pediatric heart disease
- topics of special interest, such as 3D echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, and fetal echocardiography
The approach of this book is a major advancement for educational materials in the field of pediatric cardiology, and greatly enhances the experience for the reader. An accompanying DVD with moving images of the subjects covered in the textbook will further enhance the learning experience.
Keywords: pediatric cardiology; echocardiography; essential; practice; pediatric; congenital; noninvasive; heart; clinical; disease; diagnosis; cardiologist; adept; field; trainees; area; fastgrowing; material; void; lack, Radiology & Imaging, Radiology & Imaging