Introducing the only continuous, step-by-step tutorial for Revit Architecture
Revit is the industry-leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, noted for its power and sophistication. This is the only book to teach Revit basics using a continuous, real-world tutorial that covers each phase of designing, documenting, and presenting a four-story office building. Revit newcomers will quickly learn the essentials through concise explanations, focused examples, and step-by-step instructions for an actual project, modeling each step of a real structure from placing walls and windows to creating roofs, stairs, and railings.
- Presents the industry-leading BIM software in an easy-to-follow tutorial developed by a Revit expert who has trained thousands of architects and engineers
- Introduces the interface and Revit conventions, then moves into modeling a four-story building, showing how to use Revit tools for views, grids, and editing
- Tutorial progresses just as a real project would, including placing walls, doors, and windows to working with structural grids, beams, and foundations; building floors and joining them to walls; and creating roofs and ceilings
- Shows how to add text and dimensions, use dimensions as a design tool, generate construction documentation, and create schedules and material takeoffs
- Explores crucial site considerations, Revit's rendering capabilities, how to import and export to various formats, and many more advanced features
Autodesk Revit Architecture: No Experience Required takes newcomers step by step through this leading BIM software with a real-world project that enhances understanding.
Keywords: Graphics & Design software (Non-Microsoft), Learn Revit, revit architecture, use BIM software, learn building information modeling, books on BIM, books on Revit, Revit beginner's guides, revit basics, books on computer-aided design, 3D building design, design creation, design construction, digital design tools, digital construction tools, Autodesk beginners guides, books on Autodesk software, Sybex books on Revit