Vital Notes for Nurses: Professional Development, Reflection and Decision-making explores the core strategies of reflective practice and decision-making underlying professional nursing development. Separate chapters on reflective writing, evidence-based practice, clinical supervision and portfolios demonstrate the inter-relationship between professional development and professional practice. It is aimed at both student and qualified nurses, recognising that professional development is a life-long commitment. It provides clear guidance to help practitioners think critically about their actions, work within professional boundaries, be accountable for their actions and plan for their future.
* Provides a concise introduction to professional development, reflective practice, and clinical decision-making
* Written in a clear accessible style which assumes no prior knowledge
* Enables students to consider and develop their practice in order to become competent practitioners
* Each chapter includes learning objectives, scenarios and case studies
* In the Vital Notes for Nurses series
Keywords: Introductions to Nursing