Reviews of first edition:
“This book tells every healthcare professional all they need to know about infection control… A user-friendly, valuable source of knowledge on a subject that can be confusing and complicated.” Nursing Standard
“A valuable contribution within any health or social environment." Journal of Community Nursing
Infection prevention and control is an essential component of nursing care, and a crucially important subject area for both nursing students and qualified nurses. Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control gives readers a firm grasp of the principles of infection control, how they relate to clinical practice and the key issues surrounding the subject. It provides a comprehensive guide to the prevention, management and control of healthcare associated infections, and the basic elements of microbiology, immunology and epidemiology that underpin them.
Thoroughly revised in line with current policy, this new edition contains brand-new chapters on a range of topics including the role of the Infection Prevention and Control Team, audit and surveillance, and the management of outbreaks. Also incorporating a range of case studies and examples as well as additional online content, it is essential reading for all nursing students as well as qualified nursing and healthcare professionals.
- Explores both principles and practice of a crucial subject area
- Accessible and user-friendly, with a range of features to help study including key definitions, links back to clinical practice, and chapter learning outcomes and summaries
- Accompanied by an online resource centre featuring MCQs, weblinks, case scenarios and downloadable fact sheets
- Features an increased clinical focus, with more application to practice
This title is also available:
- as a Wiley E-Text, powered by VitalSource: an interactive digital version of the book featuring downloadable text and images, highlighting and note-taking facilities, book-marking, cross-referencing, in-text searching, and linking to references and glossary terms
- instantly on CourseSmart at www.coursesmart.co.uk/9781118306659. CourseSmart offers extra
functionality, as well as an immediate way to review the text. For more details, visit www.coursesmart.com/instructors or www.coursesmart.com/students
Keywords: Nursing General