This introductory text in the ‘Vital Notes for Nurses’ series sets out a framework for accountability which consists of four ‘pillars’ - legal, ethical, employment and professional accountability - against which clinical issues can be considered.
* Presents legal, ethical, employment and professional issues in an accessible way
* Explores accountability, professional regulation, sources of funding and treatment in the health service
* Examines complaints, human rights, negligence, consent, and confidentiality
* Explores further applications in accountability
* Each chapter includes learning objectives, scenarios and case studies