Suitable for nursing students and newly qualified nurses, the authors explore the relationship between nursing theories and practice, specifically analysing their origins, development, selection and use. It discusses how nursing theories evolve, how they relate to nursing roles, how to select a nursing theory relevant to your practice, and how to evaluate theories critically.
• Clearly examines the relationship between nursing theory, clinical practice and nursing roles
• Written in a clear, accessible style which assumes no prior knowledge
• Useful to all nursing students on the common foundation programme as well as newly qualified nurses.
• Each chapter includes features such as activities, case studies and learning objectives
• In the Vital Notes for Nurses series
Keywords: nurses nursing; vital; models; introduction; accessible; application; nursing; practice; relevance; everyday; reader; conceptual; view; broader; base; objective; nurses; students; suitable; between nursing; relationship; origins; evolve, Nursing Education & Professional Development, Nursing Education & Professional Development