A History of the Archaic Greek World offers a theme-based approach to the development of the Greek world in the years 1200-479 BCE.
- Updated and extended in this edition to include two new sections, expanded geographical coverage, a guide to electronic resources, and more illustrations
- Takes a critical and analytical look at evidence about the history of the archaic Greek World
- Involves the reader in the practice of history by questioning and reevaluating conventional beliefs
- Casts new light on traditional themes such as the rise of the city-state, citizen militias, and the origins of egalitarianism
- Provides a wealth of archaeological evidence, in a number of different specialties, including ceramics, architecture, and mortuary studies
Keywords: Archaic Greece, ancient Greek culture, ancient greek archaeology, ancient Greek history, archaic Greek history, classical archaeology, method in ancient history, archaeological methods, textbook