Children’s Respiratory Nursing is structured in four user-friendly sections:
- The first section provides a general background for children’s respiratory nursing.
- Section two explores the various investigations that aid diagnosis and treatment; such as assessment of defects in airflow and lung volume, oxygen therapy and long term ventilation.
- Section three looks at respiratory infection and provides an overview of the common infections in children with reference to national and local guidelines.
- The final section considers the practical issues that impact on children’s nurses - the transition from children to adult services, legal and ethical issues and the professional communication skills needed for dealing with children and their families.
This practical text is essential reading for all children’s nurses who have a special interest with respiratory conditions and would like to develop a level of understanding of the special management required in the specialty.
- Examples of good practice provided throughout
- Provides research and evidence-based case studies
- Explores care in both hospital and community settings
- A strong practical approach throughout
Keywords: Nursing Children & Young People