Children's and young people's nursing presents unique challenges. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual utilises the latest clinical research and expert clinical knowledge to address these challenges, and provides the underlying theory and evidence for nursing care of children. The Manual provides a definitive guide to clinical skills procedures in children's and young people's nursing which enables nurses working with children and young people to practice confidently and deliver clinically effective family-centred care.
- Evidence-based manual of practical skills in the care of children and young people
- Clear, user-friendly and easy to understand
- Builds on the extensive expertise developed at Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Contains recommendations for expert care
- Encompasses all aspects of children's care
- Contains procedures guidelines students can rely on and use in practice when they qualify
- Highlights specific needs of neonates and adolescents
- Placed in the context of inter-disciplinary care of the child
- All procedures include the rationale for each action - 'why' as well as 'how'
Keywords: Nursing Children & Young People