The dangers inherent in the financial system make understanding risk management essential for anyone working in, or planning to work in, the financial sector. A practical resource for financial professionals and students alike, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Third Edition explains all aspects of financial risk as well as the way financial institutions are regulated, to help readers better understand financial markets and potential dangers.
Fully revised and updated, this new edition features coverage of Basel 2.5, Basel III and Dodd-Frank as well as expanded sections on counterparty credit risk, central clearing, and collateralization. In addition, end-of-chapter practice problems and a website featuring supplemental materials designed to provide a more comprehensive learning experience make this the ultimate learning resource. Written by acclaimed risk management expert, John Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions is the only book you need to understand—and respond to—financial risk.
- The new edition of the financial risk management bestseller
- Describes the activities of different types of financial institutions, explains how they are regulated, and covers market risk, credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, and model risk
- Features new coverage of Basel III, Dodd-Frank, counterparty credit risk, central clearing, collateralization, and much more
- Provides readers with access to a supplementary website offering software and unique learning aids
- Author John Hull is one of the most respected authorities on financial risk management
A timely update to the definitive resource on risk in the financial system, Risk Management and Financial Institutions + Web Site, Third Edition is an indispensable resource from internationally renowned expert John Hull.
Keywords: Insurance & Risk Management, risk management, financial risk management, John Hull, risk management book, financial risk management book, managing financial risk,  , risk management resource, financial industry risk, john hull risk management,  , John Hull book, managing risk book, Joseph L. Rotman school of management, maple financial professor of derivatives and risk management, risk management and financial institutions + web site, third edition, risk management and financial institutions, 3rd edition, + web site, risk in financial industry