The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to African Religions
brings together a team of international scholars to create a single-volume resource on the religious beliefs and practices of the peoples in Africa.
- Offers broad coverage of issues relating to African religions, considering experiences in indigenous, Christian, and Islamic traditions across the continent
- Contributors are from a variety of fields, ensuring the volume offers multidisciplinary perspectives
- Explores methodological approaches to religion from anthropological, philosophical, and historical perspectives
- Provides insights into the historical developments in African religions, as well as contemporary issues such as the development of African-initiated churches, neo traditional religions, and Pentecostalism
- Discusses important topics at the intersection of culture and religion in Africa, including the arts, health, politics, globalization, gender relations, and the economy
Keywords: Comparative & World Religions, Africa, world, Christianity, Pentecostalism, Islam, missions, African-initiated, churches, culture