With a pioneering methodology, the book covers the fundamental aspects of kinematic analysis and synthesis of linkage, and provides a theoretical foundation for engineers and researchers in mechanisms design.
• The first book to propose a complete curvature theory for planar, spherical and spatial motion
• Treatment of the synthesis of linkages with a novel approach
• Well-structured format with chapters introducing clearly distinguishable concepts following in a logical sequence dealing with planar, spherical and spatial motion
• Presents a pioneering methodology by a recognized expert in the field and brought up to date with the latest research and findings
• Fundamental theory and application examples are supplied fully illustrated throughout
Keywords: fundamental aspects of kinematic analysis
fundamental aspects of kinematic analysis, synthesis of linkage, theoretical foundation, mechanisms design, complete curvature theory, planar motion, spatial motion, centrodes/axodes, differential geometry language, adaptive approach, kinematic synthesis of planar and spatial linkages, curve/surface fitting,  , adaptive curve fitting, generalized curvature, adjoint approach