Before candidates can begin to prepare for any kind of certification, they need a basic understanding of the various hardware and software components used in a computer network. Aimed at aspiring IT professionals, this invaluable book strips down a network to its bare basics, and discusses this complex topic in a clear and concise manner so that IT beginners can confidently gain an understanding of fundamental IT concepts. In addition, a base knowledge has been established so that more advanced topics and technologies can be learned over time.
- Includes a discussion of the key computer components, such as the processor and memory
- Covers the basics of data storage as well as the input/output process
- Zeroes in on basic hardware configuration including how to install hardware and software drivers
- Introduces various computer operating systems, including the Windows OS family, Linux, and Mac.
- Looks at basic networking concepts and design
IT Career JumpStart is an ideal starting point for anyone looking for a career in IT but doesn't know where to start.
Keywords: Certification (MSCE, Novell, etc.), how to get a job in IT, how to enter the IT workforce, getting started in IT, how to become an IT professional, basic hardware configuration, basic hardware components, basic software components, hardware basics, software basics, network basics, book for IT beginners, book on getting started in IT