The first major update to Microsoft's state-of-the-art, complex toolset for business intelligence (BI) in years is now available and what better way to master it than with this detailed book from key members of the product's development team? If you're a database or data warehouse developer, this is the expert resource you need to build full-scale, multi-dimensional, database applications using Microsoft's new SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services and related tools.
Discover how to solve real-world BI problems by leveraging a slew of powerful new Analysis Services features and capabilities. These include the new DAX language, which is a more user-friendly version of MDX; PowerPivot, a new tool for performing simplified analysis of data; BISM, Microsoft's new Business Intelligence Semantic Model; and much more.
- Serves as an authoritative guide to Microsoft's new SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services BI product and is written by key members of the Microsoft Analysis Services product development team
- Covers SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, a major new release with a host of powerful new features and capabilities
- Topics include using the new DAX language, a simplified, more user-friendly version of MDX; PowerPivot, a new tool for performing simplified analysis of data; BISM, Microsoft's new Business Intelligence Semantic Model; and a new, yet-to-be-named BI reporting tool
- Explores real-world scenarios to help developers build comprehensive solutions
Get thoroughly up to speed on this powerful new BI toolset with the timely and authoritative Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services with MDX.
Keywords: Database & Data Warehousing Technologies, Business Intelligence, Analysis Services, OLAP, Online Analytical Processing, Data Warehouse, Data Warehousing, SQL Server, SQL Server 2011, Microsoft analysis services, instructions on SQL Server 2011 Analysis Services, guide to SQL Server 2011 Analysis Services, how to use Analysis services, about Microsoft analysis services, Microsoft BI tools, Microsoft bi toolset, analysis services training
- Harinath, Sivakumar
- Pihlgren, Ronald
- Lee, Denny Guang-Yeu
- Sirmon, John
- Bruckner, Robert M.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 1176 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN