With Robert Plant on lead vocal and Jimmy Page on guitar, Led Zeppelin is one of the most iconic, legendary, and influential rock bands in musical history. Tales of their indulgence in sex, drugs, and excess have swirled for decades. In this definitive oral history of the band, Barney Hoskyns finally reveals the truth about Led Zeppelin, paring away the myths and describing what life was really like for four young men on top of the world, enjoying fame on a scale that not even the Beatles experienced as a touring live act. Through fresh new interviews with the surviving band members, close friends, their tour manager, and scores of other fascinating characters, Hoskyns provides deep insights into the personalities of the band members and chronicles the group's dramatic rise, fall, and legacy.
- Based on more than 200 interviews with everyone from Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Paul Jones to road manager Richard Cole, their late manager Peter Grant, and many others central to the Zeppelin story
- Features striking photos of the band both on and offstage, many published here for the first time
- Takes a fresh look at Led Zeppelin's music, cultural significance, and legend, as well as the highs and lows of the sex, drugs, and rock and roll lifestyle on the road
- Analyzes the way the band wrote, arranged, and recorded, from how they created the stupendous sound and dynamics on "Dazed and Confused" and "Whole Lotta Love" to the group's folk-suffused acoustic side embodied in songs like "Friends" and "That's the Way"
- Written by Barney Hoskyns, contributing editor at British Vogue who is the author of the bestselling book Hotel California and the co-founder of online music-journalism library Rock's Backpages
Keywords: Music, led zeppelin, led zeppelin music, led zeppelin biography, led zeppelin biographies, led zeppelin history, history of led zeppelin, led zeppelin albums, robert plant, jimmy page, john paul jones, john bonham, 70s music, 70&rsquo, s music, seventies music, 1970&rsquo, s music, 1970s music, 70s bands, 70&rsquo, s bands, seventies bands, 1970&rsquo, s bands, 1970s bands, 70s pop music, 70&rsquo, s pop music, seventies pop music, 1970&rsquo, s pop music, 1970s pop music, 70s popular music, 70&rsquo, s popular music, seventies popular music, 1970&rsquo, s popular music, 1970s popular music, classic pop music, classic popular music, classic rock, classic rock &lsquo, n roll, classic rock and roll, classic rock bands, classic rock &lsquo, n roll bands, classic rock and roll bands, top rock bands, top rock &lsquo, n roll bands, top rock and roll bands, best rock bands, best rock n roll bands, best rock and roll bands, bestselling rock bands, bestselling rock &lsquo, n roll bands, bestselling rock and roll bands, british rock bands, british rock &lsquo, n roll bands, british rock and roll bands, british hard rock bands, british rock, british bands, sex drugs rock &lsquo, n roll, sex drugs rock and roll, hard rock, hard rock bands, heavy metal bands, heavy metal rock bands, stairway to heaven, whole lotta love, dazed and confused, physical graffiti, the songs remains the same, the new yardbirds, barney Hoskyns, sex, drugs, rock &, roll, guitar, singer, guitarist