Led by China and India, the rise of emerging Asia is transforming the structure of the global economy. By 2025, if not sooner, China will almost certainly overtake the U.S. to become the world's largest economy. By then, India is likely to have overtaken Japan to become the world's third largest economy, after China and the U.S. Besides China and India, Asia also includes other fast-growing economies such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. Added together, by 2025, these developments are likely to make Asia's economy larger than those of the U.S. and Europe combined.
It is clear that, for every large company, leadership in Asia is rapidly becoming critical for leadership globally. This important resource brings together the latest ideas and in-depth case analyses from leading academics and practitioners to provide a comprehensive guide to succeeding in Asia.
- Explores how to develop a strategy to benefit from new patterns of 21st century trade
- Explains how companies can fight and win against low-cost competition from Asian companies
- Shows how to transfer homegrown management practices to Asia
- Reveals how to safeguard the company's intellectual property in China
- Brings to light how to leverage India as a platform to revitalize the company's innovation capabilities
A resource for competing in today's international market, this book offers executives and managers a guide for navigating the new global reality—that of Asia as the world's emerging center of gravity.
Keywords: Strategic Management, multinational corporations in Asia, business in the Asian market, succeeding in the Asian marketplace, how to be competitive in the Asian market, trading with China, trading with India, managing intellectual property in China