In order for mobile services to achieve the scale, scope, and agility required to keep them relevant and successful, a number of fundamental technical and business challenges need to be addressed. The Fabric of Mobile Services provides readers with a solid understanding of the subject, covering short-and long-term considerations and future trends that will shape thistechnological evolution.
Beginning with an introduction that brings readers up to speed on the mobile services environment, the book covers:
- The business of mobile services
- Mobile user location as a service enabler
- Simplicity and user experience
- The always-on infrastructure challenge
- Underpinnings of mobile opportunism
- Design patterns for mobile services
- Advanced services of today and tomorrow
Complemented with case studies and end-of-chapter summaries that help facilitate readers' comprehension, The Fabric of Mobile Services is essential reading for researchers, engineers, software engineers, students, and anyone working in the mobile services industry.
Keywords: Mobile & Wireless Communications
- Loeb, Shoshana
- Falchuk, Benjamin
- Panagos, Thimios
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Information and Communication Technology Series,
- Page amount
- 246 pages
- Information Technology, Telecommunications
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN