- Human Needs: Encompasses engineering impacts on water, food, and health.
- Infrastructure: Examines issues in transportation, housing, and urban design.
- The Resource Cycle: Provides a comprehensive overview of considerations affecting energy, mineral resources, materials, and recycling.
- Human Resources: Highlights strategies for unlocking the fullest potential of scientists and engineers-through new approaches in education, policy engagement, and holistic design-to achieve real progress in sustainable development.
- Linking Technologies to Resources: Presents a Technology and Resources Matrix, designed as a communication tool for guiding research and policy actions within various engineering disciplines.
The publication also serves as a valuable compendium of sustainable engineering resources presented as part of the workshop process, including an extensive bibliography and recommended readings section and a summary of key, cross-cutting initiatives recommended as priorities because of their potential transformative impact.
Keywords: General & Introductory Materials Science