Most importantly, Econovation envisions a very different future. It's one ruled by "producerism", not consumerism. It's a future in which real innovators must do more than slide a greasy finger over the screen of an iPad. Econovation uncovers opportunities in unexpected places. You'll learn how to:
- Capitalize on a market that will go from making nothing to making everything...for China.
- Use psychological pricing and some crafty tricks from Google to reduce reliance on tapped-out consumers
- Sell to consumers whose new identities will be based on what they create, not what they buy, click or super-size
- Seduce a desperate government to finance your business, then feed you pancakes in the morning
- Motivate tomorrow's employee with social currency instead of the green, depreciating kind
- Upgrade your business and your kids with a little help from Mormons and kindergartners with hacksaws
Econovation is a fresh perspective on a future we've taken for granted. It empowers readers to think big, dream big, and conquer economic conditions that will paralyze others. With a hefty dose of data, humor, and actionable ideas, Econovation offers insight and amusement in one, convenient place - a rare treat for a business book.
Keywords: Strategic Management, Steve Faktor, innovation, recovery opportunities, entrepreneur, future, ideas, management, growth, strategy, optimizing innovation, Econovation, post-recession economy, recession, Great Recession, US economy, macroeconomics, product development, trends, incentives, pricing, labor, wages, capital, Mormons, education, maker movement, manufacturing, production, NPD, small business, marketing, China, American Express, Amex, entrepreneurship, Recessionomics