Completely revised to reflect important changes in this year?s tax laws, J.K. Lasser?s 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2012 will help you take advantage of every tax break and deduction that you may be entitled to. This comprehensive guide is clearly organized by subject matter so you can easily find situations that may apply to you.
Each tax benefit is also clearly explained?along with the eligibility requirements for claiming the benefit?while planning tips and common pitfalls associated with the benefit in question are discussed in detail. New tax law alerts are also included throughout the book, so you can make the most informed decisions possible.
- Discusses deductions and tax breaks with regard to your family, home, car, job, investments, retirement, medical expenses, charitable giving, health coverage, and much more
- Packed with hundreds of updated examples, practical advice, and real-world examples
- Explains tax changes that are set to apply after 2011 that may affect your planning decisions
- Includes a free online supplement at JKLasser.com, which contains up-to-the-minute tax law changes
- Other titles by Barbara Weltman: J.K. Lasser?s Small Business Taxes 2012
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, J.K. Lasser?s 1001 Deductions & Tax Breaks 2012 is a book every taxpayer should own.
Keywords: Personal Finance / Consumer Tax, J.K. Lasser, Lasser, tax breaks, deductions, credits, unused minimum tax credit, appreciated property donations, tax preparation costs, miscellaneous itemized expenses, qualified higher education costs, passive activity income, foreign earned income exclusion, homebuyer credit, itemized medical expenses, mortgage credit certificate, adjusted gross income floor, jury duty pay, home office activity, home sale exclusion