- Growth of semiconductor nanostructured materials
- Introduction to quantum mechanics
- Tunneling concepts
- Introduction to scattering and coherent transports; limits between classical and quantum systems
- Introduction to the optical and electrical properties of nanomaterials
- Introduction to high speed electronic devices based on nanomaterials
- Introduction to optoelectronic devices based on nanomaterials
- New concepts: plasmon-photon interaction, coupling of photonic crystals to devices with the purpose of enhancing the device performance.