Speaking As a Leader: How to Lead Every Time You Speak...From Board Rooms to Meeting Rooms, From Town Halls to Phone Calls
Whether it's among colleagues at lunch or an audience of a thousand, a leader's role is to move and inspire others. It's not only the big occasions that test a leader's mettle, but the little ones as well—in a casual conversation in the elevator, in phone calls, or one of many incidental, seemingly "insignificant" interactions in everyday work life. Written by one of the world's leading communications coaches, Speaking as a Leader shows you how to make the most of your daily communications, creating a presence on the job as a genuine and constant leader.
In this eye-opening guide, aspiring (and established) leaders can enhance their reputations and influence by following a few simple steps. Speaking as a Leader:
- Shows how to structure your thoughts and message in any situation using a four-step model
- Offers tips on listening effectively, in three dimensions
- Details why you are the best visual and how to avoid "Death by PowerPoint"
- Offers guidance on taking the "numb" out of numbers
- Includes tips on moving from subject to message
With Speaking as a Leader, you'll learn to tap into your innate leadership skills at every occasion—whether small or large—and earn the sort of respect that creates devoted friends and passionate supporters.
Keywords: Management / Leadership, speaking, public speaking, communication, effective communication, on-the-job communication, leader, leadership, leadership skills, communications, communications coach, Judith Humphrey
- Humphrey, Judith
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN