Becoming a Construction Manager explains everything a person needs to know to become a Construction Manager—from formal education to getting their first job. This practical guide is packed with useful information for anyone considering or beginning a career in construction management, as well as professional construction managers seeking to work in a specific area. From schedule and cost management to sustainability and technology implementation, all of the important career choices are explained by successful construction managers at top international firms.
- The only guide available on careers in this fast-growing field
- Offers practical guidance in a concise, easy-to-use format, illustrated throughout
- In-depth profiles with construction managers of varying specialties give students and new architects an inside view of the real-world, day-to-day experiences of a working builder
- Includes interviewing tips and up to date information on where the jobs are in the field, along with an extensive resource section on professional organizations and educational opportunities
- Introduction by Bruce D'Agostino, President and CEO of the Construction Management Association of America
Providing an overview of the profession, educational requirements, specialties, and the job search, this is a one-stop resource that supplies the inside track on this rapidly growing profession.
Keywords: Construction Management