Focused entirely on practical projects, this hands-on guide shows you how to use Maya's texturing and lighting tools in real-world situations. Whether you need to sharpen your skills or you're looking to break into the field for the first time, you'll learn top industry techniques for this important skill as you follow the instructions for several specific projects. You can even create your own version, using final Maya scene files to validate results. The companion DVD includes supplemental videos, project support files, textures, tools, professional shaders, and more.
- Lighting and texturing projects are often an excellent way for new animators to break into the business
- This is the only project-based book dedicated to understanding and implementing Maya's texturing and lighting tools for creating realistic digital assets for film, video, and games
- Walks you step by step through lighting and texturing objects, characters, and locations
- Written by a professional CG artist who has worked on high-profile films including Antz and Shrek
- Includes a DVD with supplemental video instruction, additional tools, and more
Practical, project-based instruction in this guide will help you perfect your skill with Maya's texturing and lighting tools.
Keywords: Graphics & Design software (Non-Microsoft), using Maya, lighting and texturing in Maya, using Maya shading and rendering tools, learn lighting and texturing with Maya, Maya projects, using Maya texturing tools, using Maya lighting tools, how to create projects with Maya, Maya studio projects, Maya tutorials, texturing tutorials, lighting tutorials, Maya shaders, Maya 2012, Maya 2011, Autodesk Maya 2012