The comprehensive guide to furniture design expanded and updated
Furniture designers draw on a range of knowledge and disciplines to create their work. From history to theory to technology, Furniture Design offers a comprehensive survey of the essential craft- and practice-related aspects of furniture design.
Generously illustrated with photographs and drawingsincluding a new color sectionthis Second Edition features updated coverage of material specifications, green design, digital design, and fabrication technologies. It also features twenty-five case studies of furniture design that represent a broad selection of works, designers, and techniques, including recent designs produced within the last decade.
The book explores:
- Furniture function and social use
- Form, spatial organization, and typological orders
- Structural integrity and composition
- Accessibility, universal design, human factors, and ergonomics
- The design process, from schematics through fabrication
- Materials, processes, and methods of fabrication
- Professional practice and marketing
- The history of furniture design, from prehistory to the digital age
Complete with a glossary of terms and a comprehensive bibliography, Furniture Design, Second Edition is a one-stop resource that furniture designers will turn to regularly for the advice, guidance, and information needed to perform their craft.
Keywords: Interior Design, furniture design, 1000 chairs, sourc of modern furniture, furniture design and construction for the interior designer, jim postell, fiell, habegger, natale
- Postell, Jim
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 416 pages
- Art, Art History
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN