Presented in Full color, Beginning Android Application Development
takes a hands-on approach to teaching aspiring developers how to create applications for the latest Android OS and newest devices. Beginning with the basics this book moves at steady pace to provide everything developers will need to know to begin successfully developing their own Android applications.
Included in the book are lessons on:
- Using Activities and Intents
- Displaying Notifications
- Creating Rich User Interfaces
- Mastering Views and Menus
- Managing Data
- Working with SMS and Messaging API's
- Using Location-Based Services
- Packaging and Publishing Application to the Android Market
- Installing and using Eclipse and the Android SDK
- Much More.