* A strong emphasis on practical applications of maxima and minima
* An impressive array of supporting topics such as numerical analysis
* An ample number of examples and problems
* More than 60 illustrations highlighting the text
* Algorithms to reinforce concepts
* An appendix reviewing the prerequisite linear algebra
Maxima and Minima with Applications is an ideal text for upper-undergraduate and graduate students taking courses in operations research, management, general engineering, and applied mathematics. It can also be used to supplement courses on linear and nonlinear optimization. This volume's broad scope makes it an excellent reference for professionals wishing to learn more about cutting-edge topics in optimization and mathematical programming.
- Kaplan, Wilfred
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Discrete Mathematics and Optimization
- Page amount
- 296 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN