Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance shows senior executives and board members how to ensure that their companies incorporate the necessary processes, organization, and technology to accomplish strategic goals. Examining how and why some major companies failed while others continue to grow and prosper, author and internationally recognized expert Richard Steinberg reveals how to cultivate a culture, leadership process and infrastructure toward achieving business objectives and related growth, profit, and return goals.
- Explains critical factors that make compliance and ethics programs and risk management processes really work
- Explores the board's role in overseeing corporate strategy, risk management, CEO compensation, succession planning, crisis planning, performance measures, board composition, and shareholder communications
- Highlights for CEOs, senior management teams, and board members the pitfalls to avoid and what must go right for success
- Outlines the future of corporate governance and what's needed for continued effectiveness
- Written by well-known corporate governance and risk management expert Richard Steinberg
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance lays a sound foundation and provides critical insights for understanding the role of governance, risk management, and compliance and its successful implementation in today's business environment.
Keywords: Corporate Finance, Richard M. Steinberg, Richard Steinberg, Rick Steinberg, governance, risk management, compliance, corporate governance, enterprise risk management, corporate culture, ethics programs, COSO, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, internal control, boards of directors, director responsibilities, CEO compensation, succession planning, strategy, crisis planning, performance measures, board composition, shareholder communications, performance measurement, Dodd-Frank Act, board structure, board leadership