- Serves as a helpful starting point for beginning your investigation into your family’s history
- Walks you through developing a plan for your research, using online and offline research techniques, and researching ethnic ancestry through international records
- Details how to create Web sites where family members can make contact or you can share your findings
- Looks at how to use social networking sites as a new portal for locating extended family members and acquiring additional family history
- Explains how to access domestic records for births, deaths, immigration, and more on both local and state levels
- Companion Web site features a vast collection of genealogical software tools and resources
Genealogy Online For Dummies, 6th Edition helps you branch out and achieve your genealogical goal!
Keywords: Genealogy, getting started with genealogy, genealogy for dummies, beginner guide to genealogy, genealogy beginner guide, how to research family history, researching family history, how to research ancestry, researching ancestry, researching family lineage, how to research family lineage, trace family history, trace family lineage, researching family history online, how to research family history online, using social networking sites to locate family members, how to use social networking sites to locate family members, family search, searching for family, guide for family search, online family search, family tree, building your family tree, tracing your family tree, tracing your roots, ancestry, tracing your ancestry