This book presents a study of the "eruptive crisis" that took place at the Stromboli volcano from December 2002 to July 2003. It features an integrative approach to the monitoring of eruptive activity, including lava flow output, explosive activity, flank instability, submarine and subaerial landslides, tsunami, paroxysmal explosive events, and mitigation strategies.
The book comes with a DVD with spectacular photos and video of
- The landslide and the tsunami that hit the coast of the island;
- The 5 April 2003 paroxysmal event;
- The whole eruption showing the stages of effusive activity and growth of the lava flow field;
- Selected data useful for testing geochemical, petrological, seismological, thermal, and ground deformation models.
This multidisciplinary and multimedia experience, unique for the amount, quality, and variety of data it covers, can be applied to other active volcanoes. Stromboli will appeal to solid Earth scientists and students working in seismology, geodynamics, geochemistry, and mineral physics, as well as nonspecialists with an interest in the inner workings of our planet and others.
Keywords: integrated; eruptionintroduction sonia calvari; study; volcanic; stromboli; framework; section; system; rosi; geologicalstructural; volcano; possible; alessandro tibaldi; crisis; events; influence; bertagnini; geochemistry; activity; antonella, Geochemistry & Mineralogy, Geochemistry & Mineralogy
- Calvari, Sonia
- Inguaggiato, Salvatore
- Puglisi, Giuseppe
- Ripepe, Maurizio
- Rosi, Mauro
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Geophysical Monograph Series
- Page amount
- 399 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN