Influence is a skill-set that everyone needs; yet the necessary techniques and fundamentals of exercising influence are rarely taught. In this revised edition of Exercising Influence
, Kim Barnes draws on her thirty years of consulting, teaching and observation to demystify the process of influencing others. This vital resource teaches how to accomplish more with less effort. It shows readers how to create work, family, and community relationships that are more balanced and mutually rewarding, and to take charge of their lives in a powerful, ethical, and productive way.
Exercising Influence uses a practical real-world model that will help readers discover how to:
· Develop effective influence behaviors and a strategic and tactical approach to influence
· Plan for influence by preparing, setting clear goals, implementing, and reviewing an influence opportunity
· Design and apply an approach to real-life situations
· Resolve problems and conflicts
· Create relationships that are more balanced and mutually rewarding
· Accomplish far more in their organization with less effort
· Take charge of their professional lives in a powerful, ethical, and productive way.
Keywords: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership BUS071000