The third volume in the Differentiated Instruction series, Differentiated Instruction for the Middle School Science Teacher offers teachers proven techniques for designing and delivering effective science instruction, measuring success, getting students to work together, and collaborating with other professionals. The ready-to-use activities are tied to core curriculum standards for middle school students and each lesson incorporates adaptations for students with different learning needs.
- Includes strategies for teaching a standards-based science curriculum
- Contains a wealth of activities that can be adapted for learners of all abilities
- Offers information for delivering effective instruction, measuring success, and student collaboration
The authors, both experienced teachers, offer a range of techniques, such as station/group activities, enrichment activities, and modifications for students with specific disabilities.
Keywords: Differentiated science classrooms, teaching to a diverse group of science students, creating an inclusive science classroom, teaching science to all students, teaching science to students of various abilities, learning disability, Science, Special Educational Needs, Science, Special Educational Needs
- D'Amico, Joan
- Gallaway, Kate
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Differentiated Instruction for Middle School Teachers
- Page amount
- 288 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN