Levine, Harvey A.
Project Portfolio Management: A Practical Guide to Selecting Projects, Managing Portfolios, and Maximizing Benefits
Project Portfolio Management (PPM) goes beyond the typical project management approach to offer a set of proven business practices that can help executives, program managers, and project managers bring projects into alignment with the strategies, resources, and executive oversight of the overall enterprise. Step by step, this book shows how to take a project from the inception of a vision to the realization of benefits to the organization. Project Portfolio Management draws on project management expert Harvey A. Levine’s years of research and distills the knowledge and best practices from dozens of leaders in the field to show how to select and implement the projects that will garner the best results. Throughout this important resource, Levine tackles the many challenges associated with PPM, including
- Ranking value and benefits
- Determining the size of the portfolio pipeline
- Assessing the impact of uncertainty on projects and portfolios
- Understanding the benefit and risk relationship
- Establishing a portfolio governance capability
- Managing the portfolio to maximize benefits
- Implementing PPM
Keywords: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Project Management BUS101000
- Levine, Harvey A.
- Wideman, Max
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Page amount
- 350 pages
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN