· Examines the current challenges of primary care and generalist medicine
· Offers a chronological history of the growth of generalist medicine since the 1950s
· Reviews the models of care on which generalist medicine is based
· Analyzes the growth of three disciplines¾general internists, family physicians, and pediatricians
· Looks at the supply and distribution of generalist physicians
· Discusses the education and training of generalist physicians
· Reports on the cost and quality of the care provided by generalist versus specialists
Keywords: Public Health Services & Policy
- Isaacs, Stephen L.
- Knickman, James R.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Public Health/Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Anthology
- Page amount
- 704 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN