PHP is a fully developed, server-side embedded scripting language, and its importance for web application development has grown with the rise of the Apache web server. Are you a novice programmer? This book starts with the basics and takes you wherever you want to go. A seasoned pro? You'll be amazed at how much you can capitalize on PHP's power and object-oriented support, and how it leverages your knowledge of other languages. Finally, if you're a PHP user in search of an authoritative reference, you need look no further. Mastering PHP 4.1 guides you through all levels of real-world web programming problems and provides expert advice on which solutions work best.
- Reading and writing files
- Validating data with regular expressions
- Accessing MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Accessing LDAP servers
- Generating images and PDF documents on the fly
- Building authentication and access-control systems
- Sending e-mail and building web-to-e-mail interfaces
- Creating your own classes
- Closing common security holes in PHP scripts
- Parsing and generating XML documents
- Using sessions to store persistent data
- Debugging misbehaving scripts
- Encrypting and decrypting sensitive data
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.