When in doubt, look it up!
THE PRACTICAL, ACCESSIBLE GUIDE TO CORRECT PUNCTUATION
Whether you're writing a business report or a book report, creating an article for a newsletter, writing a note to your child's teacher, a personal letter, or a cover letter, using proper punctuation helps you make your points clearly and make a good impression. This user-friendly reference helps you quickly find the commonly accepted rule for any given situation, and even explains when to make exceptions to the rules.
Webster's New World Punctuation: Simplified and Applied is packed with information and features, including:
* An overview of the importance of good punctuation
* Clear, concise explanations of difficult rules
* Easy-to-understand examples that make applying the rules a snap
* Cautions that alert you to common pitfalls
* An overview of punctuation in common writing formats, ranging from business letters to e-mails to desktop publishing
* Guidelines for citations in more formal writing
Keywords: REFERENCE / Writing Skills REF026000