If you're confident that you have mastered the basic grammatical structures of French and have a good working elementary vocabulary, then you are ready to proceed to a more advanced level. CliffsQuickReview French II will guide you through a more comprehensive review of the elements of the language. In addition to precise, succinct explanations of the rules, you'll also get
- A review of numbers, time, cognates (words that are similar in English and French), and "false friends" (words that look the same but have different meanings)
- Challenging thematic vocabulary lists to help you develop a more sophisticated and native way of expressing yourself
- Tips on how accent marks can help you translate words
- Guidelines on conditional sentences, subjunctives, participles, past and future tenses, and more
CliffsQuickReview French II acts as a supplement to your other learning material. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. You can flip through the book until you find what you're looking for — it's organized to gradually build on key concepts. Or, here are just a few other ways you can search for topics:
- Use the free Pocket Guide full of essential information
- Get a glimpse of what you’ll gain from a chapter by reading through the Chapter Check-In at the beginning of each chapter
- Use the Chapter Checkout at the end of each chapter to gauge your grasp of the important information you need to know
- Test your knowledge more completely in the CQR Review and look for additional sources of information in the CQR Resource Center
- Use the glossary to find key terms fast.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.