CliffsNotes on Paradise Lost retells the Judeo-Christian story of creation, in which Milton provides an otherworldly look into the dialogue of God, Satan, and human beings. His subject is Adam's first disobedience to God and the loss of Eden. This dense classic has permeated and influenced philosophy for centuries.
CliffsNotes concise supplement to Paradise Lost helps students understand the overall epic by providing plot synopses and analysis of each book. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- A look into the life of the author, John Milton
- Glossaries to help you understand Milton's language
- A character map to define the relationships between the characters
- Critical essays about the major themes in the epic and Milton's style
- A review section with a quiz, practice projects, and essay questions.
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.