Kirk, Susan Van
CliffsNotesTM on Cather's My Ántonia
In CliffsNotes on My Antonia, you follow the story of Jim, an orphaned boy who travels to Nebraska to live with his grandparents. Upon arriving, Jim meets the uplifting, spirited daughter of a Bohemian immigrant family that plans to farm on nearby, untamed land.
Honoring and celebrating the immigrant settlers of the American plains, Willa Cather's novel also succeeds as one of the finest romantic stories written in the United States. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Life and background of the author
- Analyses of a large cast of characters
- A brief synopsis of the novel
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge and suggests essay topics
- A resource center that leads you to more great books and websites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- Kirk, Susan Van
- Kubicek, David
- Bennett, Mildred R.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Litterary Studies
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN