- Provide students with the required scientific basis in nutrition, in the context of a systems and health approach.
- Enable teachers and students to explore the core principles of nutrition and to apply these throughout their training to foster critical thinking at all times. Each chapter identifies the key areas of knowledge that must be understood and also the key points of critical thought that must accompany the acquisition of this knowledge.
- Are fully peer reviewed to ensure completeness and clarity of content, as well as to ensure that each book takes a global perspective and is applicable for use by nutritionists and on nutrition courses throughout the world.
Public Health Nutrition is an essential purchase for students majoring in nutrition and dietetics. Public health nutrition as a subject is growing immensely in importance, taking into account the real potential to reduce the burden of non-communicable chronic disease through diet. Professionals in nutrition, dietetics, food science, medicine, community health care and many related health care areas will all find much of great use within the book’s covers. Libraries in all universities, medical schools and establishments teaching and researching in these subject areas should have several copies on their shelves.
OTHER BOOKS IN THE NUTRITION SOCIETY TEXT BOOK SERIES:
Introduction to Human Nutrition: ISBN 0 632 05624 X
Nutrition & Metabolism: ISBN 0 632 05625 8
Clinical Nutrition: ISBN 0 632 05626 6
- Arab, Lenore
- Gibney, Michael J.
- Kearney, John M.
- Margetts, Barrie M.
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- The Nutrition Society Textbook
- Page amount
- 392 pages
- Medicine, Health Care, Mode
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN