This comprehensive reference provides what you need to plan, install, configure, and maintain a Windows Server 2003 R2, SP1, operating system. Covering critical new SP1 security features, the new Windows Update service, and expanded Active Directory management tools, the latest edition of this guide is packed with information, including key changes that alter the way the powerful Windows Server 2003 operating system is installed, configured, and maintained. Improve security, extend your corporate network, optimize e-mail, chat, and other communications, and more - this book will show you how.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Windows Server 2003
- Plan your Windows Server 2003 R2, SP1, single-system or enterprise deployment
- Find out the best ways to secure the network, including encryption, secure sockets, Kerberos, and other certificates
- Protect your corporate network automatically with new Windows Update Service
- Extend the enterprise network to branch offices with enhanced Active Directory management tools
- Facilitate change control over users, computers, security, and the workspace, using Group Policy technology
- Develop an effective storage, backup, and disaster recovery strategy
- Implement scalable solutions that stay up and online day after day, and still handle disasters
- Explore thin-client deployment, set up Terminal Services, and configure application servers
- Stay on top of printer management, Internet printing, and troubleshooting
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.