Important features of the Third Edition include:
* New topics such as second interior point methods, nonconvex optimization, nondifferentiable optimization, and more
* Updated discussion and new applications in each chapter
* Detailed numerical examples and graphical illustrations
* Essential coverage of modeling and formulating nonlinear programs
* Simple numerical problems
* Advanced theoretical exercises
The book is a solid reference for professionals as well as a useful text for students in the fields of operations research, management science, industrial engineering, applied mathematics, and also in engineering disciplines that deal with analytical optimization techniques. The logical and self-contained format uniquely covers nonlinear programming techniques with a great depth of information and an abundance of valuable examples and illustrations that showcase the most current advances in nonlinear problems.