- A structured description of Sarbanes-Oxley and its implications for nonprofits
- Detailed discussions on governance, including financial literacy for board members, new standards of accountability for boards, and best practices for nonprofit management
- Sample documents, procedures, and frameworks to help you implement best practices
- Worksheets, forms, and resource materials in each chapter
- A "walk-through" of typical financial statements and sample documents such as a Conflict of Interest policy, board orientation curriculum, a Whistleblower Protection policy, a Document Preservation policy, and a fundraising plan.
Implementing proven best practices stemming from Sarbanes-Oxley can diminish organizational dysfunction, promote a solid infrastructure, and propel your organization to the platinum standard of operations and governance, giving your organization the competitive advantage in today's demanding nonprofit environment.