"Robinson walks the reader through almost every conceivable scenario that could result in a lower tax bill."
--Ilyce Glink, Tribune Media Services
J.K. Lasser's Homeowner's Tax Breaks 2006 provides a straightforward and accessible look at the legitimate tax strategies any homeowner can use to save on their taxes. This comprehensive guide reveals a multitude of both well-known and little-known tax-saving ideas that will allow you to put substantial dollars back where they belong--in your pocket.
Filled with in-depth insights and practical advice, J.K. Lasser's Homeowner's Tax Breaks 2006 will help you:
* Legitimately take deductions for your household when you have a home office
* Make your credit card and car loan interest deductible
* Qualify to exclude up to $250,000 of gains on the sale of your home--$500,000 if you're married
* Cope with a depressed housing market by getting deductions for renting your home before you sell it
* Create tax-free income from renovating your home and selling it at a profit
* Receive charitable deductions on your home while you're still living in it
* Make your home a retirement nest egg that generates tax-free income by trading down or using it for a reverse mortgage
* Eliminate estate tax on your principal residence by utilizing a personal residence trust
J.K. Lasser--Practical Guides for All Your Financial Needs
Please visit our Web site at www.jklasser.com