Learn how to master image processing and compression with this outstanding state-of-the-art reference. From fundamentals to sophisticated applications, Image Processing: Principles and Applications covers multiple topics and provides a fresh perspective on future directions and innovations in the field, including:
* Image transformation techniques, including wavelet transformation and developments
* Image enhancement and restoration, including noise modeling and filtering
* Segmentation schemes, and classification and recognition of objects
* Texture and shape analysis techniques
* Fuzzy set theoretical approaches in image processing, neural networks, etc.
* Content-based image retrieval and image mining
* Biomedical image analysis and interpretation, including biometric algorithms such as face recognition and signature verification
* Remotely sensed images and their applications
* Principles and applications of dynamic scene analysis and moving object detection and tracking
* Fundamentals of image compression, including the JPEG standard and the new JPEG2000 standard
Additional features include problems and solutions with each chapter to help you apply the theory and techniques, as well as bibliographies for researching specialized topics. With its extensive use of examples and illustrative figures, this is a superior title for students and practitioners in computer science, wireless and multimedia communications, and engineering.